The new SpeechWare USB 3-in-1 TableMike is the collaborative result of several years of the best European design informed with continuous input from numerous experienced speech recognition resellers and users worldwide. Not just relying on the word of some folks in the local diner, in other words.
A high sensitive noise cancelling desktop microphone with
• a USB interface and standard input and output sound jacks.
• digital control panel with user programmable volume buttons.
• detachable and interchangeable microphone boom with flexible tip for perfect positioning.
• industry first integrated ‘Speech Equaliser (EQ)’ and ‘Automatic Gain Control (AGC)’ or Amplifier for long and variable range dictation.
• wideband and 20 kHz high definition VoIP.
• insulated USB cable with gold plated connectors (won’t turn your fingers green)
• two-year warranty.(better than most)
The combination of the EQ & AGC delivers very high recognition accuracy from 10 cm up to 50 cm (4″ to 20″) range, depending upon voice volume and ambient noise, comparable to that of the best headsets. Unlike conventional microphones, which require keeping always the same dictation distance, as you move away it automatically increases its volume (“SpeechMatic” technology). (They experimented with its following you around but that turned out to be creepy.) Optimal dictation distance: about 25 cm or 10″ under Green LED.
• Long and variable range Speech recognition (with ‘EQ’ & ‘AGC’)
• High quality voice and music recording – arias, even, which use both
• Full duplex (simultaneous Sound in and out) Wideband or High Definition (HD) Voice over IP (VoIP) or Internet telephony
• Full duplex Video conferencing & Podcasting
• Fix-to-table or wall-mount adapter for safety and greater practicality (Nothing more embarrassing that going to the ER with a "clonked by a microphone" injury.)
• Industry first telescopic and very long boom (53 cm to 65 cm or 21″ to 25.5″) with flexible tip for more usefulness and range
Operating System: Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2000 / MacOS X / most Linux versions without additional USB sound drivers.