Capture your voice with enhanced clarity, simplicity and flexibility, in any environment.
With advanced features including a superior noise canceling system, best-in-class file encryption, and supreme structural integrity, the DS-9000 will simplify your workflow and increase dictation management efficiency. Intelligent dual microphones control the directionality to keep the focus on the person dictating and suppress ambient noise in offices, hospitals, cars, airports and other noisy environments. (It will probably not work as well directly in front of a jet engine, so go inside the airport.) A triple layer studio quality filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds such as breath and wind vibrations. This ensures superior accuracy that enhances workflow efficiency.
Encapsulated in a 1.5 meter shockproof body and equipped with an optical slide switch, the DS-9000 is designed to be a strong, dependable workhorse in heavy use environments - although it is perfectly okay to use it in light use environments as well. Complete with 256-bit AES encryption and device pin lock, the DS-9000 provides trusted security to your most sensitive information (like your enemies list).
While the motion sensor allows the user to wake up the device by picking it up to immediately start recording, the Olympus VCVA technology automatically tracks pauses in a speaker's dictation in order to save time, power and recording space. These features are easily customized and allow 15 different sensitivity levels, providing intuitive usage and power saving options for every user.
Intelligent dual microphone technology settings ensure optimization for many different recording environments. For example in a noisy environment such as an airport, use narrow directionality to ensure the voice is accurately captured. For conference rooms with multiple individuals speaking, use a wide directionality setting recording to accurately capture all presenters.
The included studio quality pop filter reduces additional noise from wind and breath noise, encouraging more accurate transcription and professional quality recordings.
A reliable body design resistant up to a 1.5 meter (4.9 ft) fall significantly improves the lifespan of the device in heavy use environments. An optical slide switch reduces risk of mechanical failure.
• DSS / DSS Pro / WAV / MP3
Professional Speech Processing
• Author IDs: 10
• Worktypes: 20
• Priority: High/Normal
• Verbal comments (up to 32 per file), Text editor, Pending, File lock
• Motion sensor automatically wakes the device from sleep mode with positional changes
• Voice activated recording (VCVA)
• Microphone sensitivity: 3 Levels (High/Middle/Low)(Conference Mode = Auto)
• Insert, Overwrite, Append, Partially erase: Only with DSS Pro & DSS (Overwrite & Append: also WAV)
• Index Marks Per File: 32 (DSS Pro/WAV/MP3), 16 (DSS)
• Level meter, VCVA indicator
• Folders: Up to 7 (name changeable)
• Hands-free dictation, stand-alone transcription with optional Olympus Footswitch RS-31
• Full-duplex recording with headphones
• Speed: Slow/Normal/Fast
• Volume level: Adjustable from 0 to 30
• Cue / Review
• Applicable as PC microphone
• Controlling PC application ODMS
• Accessibility: Various settings related to user authorization, e.g., prohibiting erasing of files; menu settings
• Splash message: Option to set personalized welcome message during start-up
• Main button guide: Shows current slide switch function on display
• Alarms: Option to set alarms for particular occasions; beeping noise
• Customizable display content: Option to customize information shown on display
• Programmable buttons: 3
• Single user and workgroup installation
• Server installations including license manager and manager tools (optional)
• Citrix / WTS / Thin client support
• microSD card
• Warranty card
• Instruction manual
• LI-92B Lithium-ion rechargeable battery,
• KP-30 microUSB Cable,
• CS-151 Carrying Case,
• Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) License (Dictation Module)